Welcome to Spencer House
From its conception, Spencer House was recognised as one of the most
ambitious aristocratic town houses ever built in London and is, today,
the city's only great eighteenth-century private palace to survive intact.
Spencer House was built in 1756-66 for John, first Earl Spencer, an ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-97). Situated in the heart of St James's, Spencer House is a short distance from St James's Palace, Buckingham Palace and the Palace of Westminster, and has a splendid terrace and garden with magnificent views of The Green Park.
Spencer House was built in 1756-66 for John, first Earl Spencer, an ancestor of Diana, Princess of Wales (1961-97).
More Spencer House history
The authentically restored garden of this magnificent 18th century London palace will be open to the public on specific days during Spring and Summer.
More on the restored garden
As part of the exhibition programme of modern and contemporary sculpture in conjunction with Christie's, Spencer House is delighted to announce that Dame Barbara Hepworth's Curved Form (Bryher II)
will be on display on the external terrace outside Spencer House from 13th February 2013 through to June 2013..
More on the modern and contemporary sculpture programme